"Daring to aim high, scale new heights, spread our wings and fly far"
Values and Ethos
At Boreham Primary School we believe that diversity is a strength which
should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit here.
AT BOREHAM PRIMARY SCHOOL WE CONSTANTLY STRIVE TO:
- achieve the highest academic standards possible for each pupil.
- help each and every child become a valued member of the school community.
- nurture high self-esteem and a positive self image so that individuals can maximise the educational opportunities offered to them.
- identify individual needs at the earliest opportunity and give a considered response to them.
- give equal opportunities to all.
- ensure a successful match between the learning needs of every child and the educational provision each is given.
- provide a differentiated curriculum and varied teaching styles to meet the range of pupil’s educational needs.
- help pupils understand the world around them and to develop a respect for the legitimate religious and moral values of others in a multi ethnic society.
- encourage pupils to develop lively enquiring minds, the ability to question and the confidence to apply themselves to a variety of tasks and giving opportunities for creative expression.
- foster a productive working relationship between home and school to give optimum educational opportunities for each pupil.
- provide a happy school with a safe, caring, stimulating and attractive environment.
Our Core Values
Respect – We respect each other as individuals and our school environment.
Excellence – We always try our very best!
Friendship – Our friendship school supports and cares for everybody.
Determination – We never give up even when things are difficult.
Courage – We show strength and are not afraid to get things wrong.
Equality – We give everybody the same opportunity to succeed.
Inspiration – We celebrate everybody’s successes and learn from each other.
All members of our school community are expected to model our core values on a daily basis. Children can assess their own ability to recognise their own life skills in their day to day learning. We believe our core values support the well-being of our children and also their capacity to live in a modern Britain.